Whoa! Genevieve, 😮 You read my blog?!?! I am at a lost for words on this one! Lol, Thank you so much for reading and acknowledging my work. I really can’t believe this. You are one of my favorite blogs to read and I am honored to know that you felt my words were worthy of such a nomination. It’s truly the highlight of my year now 🤗. Everyone please run over to @GiftedandChilling to read her impactful blogs. Her productivity blogs will inspire you to push through the year and continue blogging. Also, with the holidays coming up she has a Gift Idea Series that’s bound to alleviate your stress behind buying gifts. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 Questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions Asked of Me:
1. Are you a night owl or morning lark?
I am definitely a night owl. I feel more productive when I know I should be asleep. It’s strange, 😂. The world feels more still at night, which calms me and relieves that hustle and bustle feel. I can tap into a clearer mind at night. Is that weird? Eh, well, I like weird.
2. What’s one thing that you’d like to accomplish in your life?
One thing that I’d like to accomplish in my life is writing for TV and Film and getting cast in a meaningful production, including one of my own.
3. What features/characteristics do you judge a person?
I judge a person by their heart. I can try to get a sense of who a person is through conversation. I can confirm who a person is by watching their actions with others. I’m big on observing. People would say that I’m quiet, but the truth is I have to observe and study a person before I feel comfortable opening up. That applies to friendships, romantic relationships, and colleagues.
4. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
My guilty pleasure show most recently was Sex Life 🙈 on Netflix. That series was C R A Z Y. Had me trying to figure out whose side we should be on. I’m not going to spoil it, but that woman ruined that good man, and I am upset by it!
5. Who are you emotionally closest to?
My mother has my entire heart. There’s nothing I wouldn’t give, sacrifice, or do to see that smile on her face. The emotions run deep with that one. The way she loves, her kind spirit, her faith, and her gentle touch are all admirable.
6. What’s your idea of a perfect date?
My perfect date would be a scenic picnic, stroll on a trail, riding bikes, painting, or taking a class together. It would be getting lost in time through conversation and exploring the city. The perfect date would consist of meaningful conversation and laughter. One where no one is taking themselves so seriously, but instead allowing those childlike qualities to emerge in the space we created together. Leaving the date having more answers than questions would be awesome as well.
7. If you were given an all-expenses-paid trip to visit a famous landmark, which would you choose?
First and foremost I would love to attend a ball at Buckingham Palace. Before you say anything, I know it’s a reach, but I had to put it out there. So for the sake of answering the question with a more grounded answer, I’d have to say I’d choose the Gardens by the Bay in Singapore and stay at the Marina Bay Sands Singapore hotel. (its a packaged deal for me 🤷🏾♀️ )
8. What material item can you not live without?
I can not live without my AirPods, the other day I forgot them, and I almost didn’t know how to maneuver life. Of course, you need the phone for them to work. However, if given a choice, I’d choose the AirPods every time.
9. If you were granted your own national holiday, how would people be told to spend/celebrate it?
I would have social media shut down. Actually, the whole internet. All electronics would be off, and everyone would be outside riding bikes, playing games, socializing with neighbors, and grilling outside with music playing. It would be a huge block party paying homage to who we were before the social media era took over.
10. What can make your day better?
Spending time with my three nephews can make my day better. I used to have really rough weeks and would look forward to our park day on Thursday. Seeing kids be kids mutes your adult troubles for a while. If you fully commit to participating in their world for a moment, whether playing at the park or racing cars on the floor, you’ll notice time moves by, and you get a break from your own life.
11. Do you have a good luck charm? If so, who or what is it?
I would have to say that my friend Gilline, is my good luck charm. She has this magical way of making me seem normal 🙂. I will come to her with the most outlandish ideas, or when I think my world is crashing. She helps me see that it’s actually not that bad. She helps me believe that I can accomplish my dreams. By her just doing that, it pushes me a step further into trying. For that reason, I know her words, presence, friendship are my good luck charms.
My Nominees 😃
Finally a great way to acknowledge some of my favorite blogs! Here are my Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Good Luck!
My Questions 😉
- What are you most grateful for in this moment?
- What inspires you?
- What is a time when you learned something from failure?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- What is something you hope to accomplish?
- Who do you love the most in this world?
- How do you reset after a tough day?
- What brings you joy?
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- What is a hobby you have that nobody knows about?
- What’s one thing you want people to know about you that you feel like they don’t?
That took me awhile to complete, but I enjoyed the process! Did any of my responses surprise you? Can you relate to any of my answers? Let me know below and as always thank you for reading! 🤗.
– @SimplyJaneen ❤️